Join us for the 47th
annual conference of the WSC
in Phoenix, Arizona
|Dates:||Thursday, February 6, 2020 through Saturday, February 8, 2020|
|Hotel:||The Camby, A Marriott Autograph Collection
2401 E Camelback Road
These rates expire on January 4, 2020, so make your hotel reservations before the rates increase!
|Register:||Presenters — All conference presenters were required to preregister and prepay the nonrefundable conference fees no later than Monday, January 6, 2020. Those who do not register and pay their conference fees by that deadline will have their papers/presentations/posters removed from the conference program.|
|Presenters:||To submit an abstract, go to the submission portal.
Please be advised that submission of an abstract indicates the submitter’s availability to present the paper at the conference. Absent medical or religious necessity, requests for particular time slots on particular days cannot be honored. Please direct all inquiries about the conference and the program to the program chairs at ConferenceChair@westerncriminology.org.
Conference Participants, please note the following:
1. Panel chairs are responsible for bringing laptops for other panelists to use during their presentations. People who use Apple computers (Macs) should bring dongles that allow them to connect to projectors via both a VGA cable and an HDMI cable.
2. Internet connections are not available to presenters during conference breakout sessions. Accordingly, attendees should not prepare presentations using Prezi or similar internet-based presentation software. Rather, presenters are encouraged to store all of the files they may need on a laptop or portable hard drive.
3. If you have any questions concerning payments, please email Secretary-Treasurer@westerncriminology.org. All other questions concerning the conference should be directed to the conference program chairs at ConferenceChair@westerncriminology.org.
Conference registration entitles one to attend all conference sessions, receive one copy of the program, and participate in various hosted food events (typically an opening event with hors d’oeuvres, coffee and cookie breaks, a luncheon, and a closing brunch). Conference registration fees are nonrefundable.
The cost of participating in the annual WSC conference varies depending on membership status. Although the rates for the 2020 conference will be set in August of 2019, we expect the rates to be similar to the 2019, which were as follows:
Since catering costs account for more than 90% of the the annual conference fees, and last-minute changes to catering counts can dramatically alter the society’s costs to host meals, on-site registration is not permitted. We therefore require all conference presenters to register roughly one month in advance of the conference to help keep costs to a minimum.
Please note: Conference registration fees do not include wireless access to the Internet in breakout rooms or in conference meeting sessions.
- 2021: Vancouver, BC — February 4th to 6th at The Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre
- 2022: Honolulu, HI — February 3rd to 5th at The Sheraton Waikiki Beach
Our Sister Organization, the American Society of Criminology
The WSC was originally established a regional subdivision of the American Society of Criminology (ASC). Although we are now fully independent, the ASC remains our close working partner. The ASC is an international organization whose members pursue scholarly, scientific, and professional knowledge concerning the measurement, etiology, consequences, prevention, control, and treatment of crime and delinquency. If you are not already a member, we encourage you to join!
Consent to be Photographed
By signing up to attend and participate in the WSC’s annual conference, you consent to having your photo taken by WSC personnel and guests. Such images may be posted on our Facebook page or Twitter feed. However, no one may make audio or video recordings during panel sessions without the explicit written consent of the presenters.