Join us for the 48th
annual conference of the WSC
in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
|Dates:||Thursday, February 4, 2021 through Saturday, February 6, 2021|
|Hotel:||The Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre
1000 Burrard Street
Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 2R9 CanadaRoom Rate: The conference rate is $189 (Canadian) per night. We will post a link here in the coming weeks that will allow people to book at room at the hotel at this special rate.
|Register:||All conference attendees may register for the conference using this link.
Presenters are required to register and prepay the nonrefundable conference fees no later than Monday, January 4, 2021. Those who do not register and pay their conference fees by that deadline will have their papers/presentations/posters removed from the conference program.
|Presenters:||The Abstract Submission System is now closed. The system will open during the summer of 2020. The deadline to submit abstracts is Friday, October 2, 2020.
Please be sure not make travel plans based on the times during which you are preliminarily scheduled to present because all assignments are subject to change! All presenters should plan to arrive on Thursday, February 4th and plan to remain at the conference until the late afternoon on Saturday, February 6th.
Posters should be between 3-feet by 4-feet (36″ x 48″) and 4-feet by 5-feet (48″ x 60″).
Please be advised that submission of an abstract indicates the submitter’s availability to present the paper at the conference. Absent medical or religious necessity, requests for particular time slots on particular days cannot be honored. Please direct all inquiries about the conference and the program to the program chairs at ConferenceChair@westerncriminology.org.
Conference Participants, please note the following:
1. Panel chairs are responsible for bringing laptops for other panelists to use during their presentations. People who use Apple computers (Macs) should bring dongles that allow them to connect to projectors via both a VGA cable and an HDMI cable.
2. Internet connections are not available to presenters during conference breakout sessions. Accordingly, attendees should not prepare presentations using Prezi or similar internet-based presentation software. Rather, presenters are encouraged to store all of the files they may need on a laptop or portable hard drive.
3. If you have any questions concerning payments, please email Secretary-Treasurer@westerncriminology.org. All other questions concerning the conference should be directed to the conference program chairs at ConferenceChair@westerncriminology.org.
Conference registration entitles one to attend all conference sessions, receive one copy of the program, and participate in various hosted food events (typically an opening event with heavy hors d’oeuvres and an open bar, a continential breakfast on Friday morning, a plated lunch at our Award luncheon Friday afternoon, a light dinner on Friday evening, and a closing brunch late on Saturday morning). Because we order all of this food based on conference registration fees we receive, such payments are nonrefundable.
The cost of participating in the annual WSC conference varies depending on membership status:
Since catering costs account for more than 90% of the the annual conference fees, and last-minute changes to catering counts can dramatically alter the society’s costs to host meals, on-site registration is not permitted. We therefore require all conference presenters to register roughly one month in advance of the conference to help keep costs to a minimum.
Please note: Conference registration fees do not include wireless access to the Internet in breakout rooms or in conference meeting sessions.
- 2021: Vancouver, BC — February 4th to 6th at The Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre
- 2022: Honolulu, HI — February 3rd to 5th at The Sheraton Waikiki Beach
Our Sister Organization, the American Society of Criminology
The WSC was originally established a regional subdivision of the American Society of Criminology (ASC). Although we are now fully independent, the ASC remains our close working partner. The ASC is an international organization whose members pursue scholarly, scientific, and professional knowledge concerning the measurement, etiology, consequences, prevention, control, and treatment of crime and delinquency. If you are not already a member, we encourage you to join!
Consent to be Photographed
By signing up to attend and participate in the WSC’s annual conference, you consent to having your photo taken by WSC personnel and guests. Such images may be posted on our Facebook page or Twitter feed. However, no one may make audio or video recordings during panel sessions without the explicit written consent of the presenters.